19 December 2010

Honey Plum Chicken with Quick Roast Potatoes

This dinner is quick and easy: the 'roast' potatoes come from Nigella's rapid roastini recipe which I saw on Nigella Kitchen. As we had homemade gnocchi left over from earlier in the week, I thought I would throw it together with some chicken.

The meal was good, but the sweet potato gnocchi had a very intense flavour. That was fine when covered in the sauce, but there was nowhere near enough sauce. Make more sauce! That's my advice.

Also, I am a terrible, terrible food blogger because I can't even remember when I made this for dinner, let alone what specific quantities I used of everything. Oh dear.

Honey Plum Chicken with Quick Roast Potatoes
Serves 2

2 chicken breasts
1/2 cup honey
2 cups red wine
1/2 cup plum sauce
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic
Seasoning

24 homemade sweet potato gnocchi
Oil

Use a small amount of honey, plum sauce and balsamic to marinade the chicken for ten minutes. Tip the chicken with marinade into a pan and fry until the chicken is slightly browned on each side. Mince the garlic clove and add it to the pan. Continue cooking the chicken, adding seasoning and the remaining honey, plum sauce, red wine and balsamic vinegar, as necessary, until the chicken is cooked and you have enough sauce.

Fry the gnocchi in hot oil for four minutes on each side. Serve together.