19 January 2011

Chicken Nuggets

It's been a quiet few days on this blog - it's not that I've not been cooking: just that I roasted a chicken on Sunday, and I don't think anyone needs more recipes for a basic roast dinner (although I did stuff it with a rum-poached tangerine, which made awesome gravy), and my mornings since then have been fairly busy. I have time today, though, to write up three whole recipes! (Well, two and a half, kind of.) Hurrah!

I've done chicken nuggets not long ago, but it was only shortly before I started documenting my cooking with photos, so I felt that Monday night was the perfect time to recreate it. They're good and simple (although it would take quite a long time to make enough for a family, especially if your nuggets are small).

Chicken Nuggets
Serves 2

3 chicken breasts
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon Italian mixed herbs
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
2 slices bread
Oil

Chop the chicken breasts into small chunks - I got about eight to ten chunks per breast.

Mix the flour and herbs in one bowl; beat the egg with milk in a second; make breadcrumbs (I used the blender) and put these in a third bowl.


With clean hands, cover each chicken chunk in flour, egg, then breadcrumbs - it's a good idea to use one hand exclusively for the flour and egg, and the second for breadcrumbs. Drop each nugget into an oiled oven-proof dish and cover with a little more oil.


Cook on 180 degrees (360 Fahrenheit) for about thirty minutes, or until cooked through and slightly crispy. Serve with chips and lots of mayonnaise.