02 December 2010

Extremely Easy 'Carbonara'

I had to stay late at work and got home at about 10.15 instead of 8.45, annoyingly, so when I got home I wanted to make something that was going to be quick and extremely easy. I couldn't even be bothered to chop an onion. I had some sour cream left over from yesterday that needed using up, so I did a search for "chicken + sour cream recipes," came up with this, and made the necessary adaptations.

I didn't want to bake anything so I did the whole thing on the stove. I didn't even bother to chop anything. There was lots, and it was delicious and filling and I would be very happy to eat more right now. Who cares that it's almost 1am?

Extremely Easy Carbonara
Makes 3 servings

200g tricolore fusilli
3 chicken breasts
1 pack bacon (I think there were about 10 rashers)
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cream
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon garlic sauce
1 tablespoon oregano
1 glug white wine
Seasoning

Heat the chicken on low in an oiled pan while the kettle boils. Put the pasta on, and turn the chicken. Drop the bacon rashers into the chicken pan and stir until the chicken is white (it won't be cooked inside though) and the bacon looks juicy. Add the sour cream, cream and cream cheese and stir through. There won't be much liquid so when it begins to look like it's cooking on to the pan, add the milk. During this time I used a fork and the wooden spoon to pull each breast into three or four pieces - partially to check how cooked it was, partially to make it easier to serve up three chicken breasts between two. After about ten minutes, both the chicken and pasta should be cooked through, so add garlic sauce, oregano and white wine to taste. Add some of the pasta water to the pan before draining the pasta and mixing with the chicken sauce. Serve.