27 October 2010

Ssamjang sauce

Another day, another Nigella recipe...

Today was a strange day for food. I ate the leftovers of my beef pumpkin stew for first lunch (about noon), made a small risotto with leftover rice and Korean black raspberry wine (it was delicious, and pink!) for my second lunch at about 8:30, and had Korean dumplings with noodles and an adapted version of Nigella's ssamjang sauce for dinner. The sauce was really spicy but also really nice. I think I would add some melted peanut butter next time.

Ssamjang sauce
Serves 2

1 tsp oil
1 cup soy sauce
3 tsp ssamjang
1 squirt honey
1 glug of black raspberry wine (which is Korean red wine to be perfectly honest)
1 tbsp orange juice
Small handful of chopped onion
Seasoning

Mixed the ingredients in tupperware. Cooked the noodles and dumplings separately. Drained the noodles and put them back in the pan with this sauce until the sauce was heated through. From idea to plate in under ten minutes!